Friday 19 August 2011

Opening Shots

I am an occasional painter of model soldiers. I don't actually do anything with them other than sell them on or use them to line the shelves of my study. As Alan Partridge once put it 'What a man does in the privacy of his own attic is his business alone'. For example, I'm currently building up an English Civil War army (or armies) and have 6 regiments of foot and 2 of cavalry and, though I say so myself, they are not bad. However there is no ultimate purpose to this kleptomania beyond the fact that it is something I have always wanted to do. I do not want to re-create Naseby on the table top or set up a museum diorama of the storming of Basing House. So whatever the motivation I largely paint for painting alone. By the way, the background to this blog site is supposed to represent the King's Lifeguard. No doubt they are looking forlornly across the battlefield waiting for an opponent.

I'm currently working in Afghanistan, living the reconstruction dream. So this blog will not be only model soldiers.

In the meantime, I'm testing the blogging waters in both content and design. To end with here is a picture of some Pendraken 10mm figures I did a couple of years ago. I recently sold these on e Bay of which more later.


3 comments:

  1. It would be nice to see photos of your other ECW units (you have the King's Lifeguard and the Whitecoats . . . what about the others)?

    I'm slowly trying to research the ECW with a goal of some tabletop games. But I am in a backwater in western Canada.

    I've visited a number of used bookstores in surrounding towns asking if they have anything on the "English Civil War". Only one had any idea that there had been such . . . and she said, "oh, right, Richard the Third and that stuff" . . . *sigh* . . . and thank God for the Internet.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff

    I'll do some photos of the other units when I get home. Which I hope will be soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will look forward to seeing them.

    Stay safe, sir.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete