Tuesday 30 August 2011

Normans

Some more oldies who were also sold into slavery. These are Crusader miniatures and were great to paint. I'm quite a fan of the chunky style particularly with my ever more feeble eyesight. A couple of months ago I painted some of the Perry ACW plastics and was surprised at how small they seemed. I'm contemplating getting some of the plastic WotR or Napoleonic sets but will probably initially try them out just to see how I can cope with them. I doubt they will have eyes! Or should I get Victrix?

Anyway, here come the Normans.........






2 comments:

  1. Great painting, the shield in the last pic is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colour scheme...it works very well, I´ll copy that for my 1/72nd lot. Top brushwork!!!
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete