Saturday 13 August 2016

Fanion

It has been a while since a French Battalion marched into view so here are the latest bunch of scruffs. I had a set of Fanion bearers sitting around waiting for the usual Eagle Bearers to hog the limelight so I thought I'd give one of them a chance. Apparently red was the preferred colour of the 3rd Battalion but I have to admit it looks a little strange to me. I've left it unglued so the option of an Eagle remains

They are available if anyone is interested - 24 figures all Perry, 16 plastic, 8 metal £112 plus postage at £10. There is a proper blue and white Battalion coming along in about 2-3 weeks with not a greatcoat in sight. Let me know if you want early photos.





2 comments:

  1. Wonderful job, the diversity of the poses and the paint brush are terrific!! Love the base as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Phil. I use the greatcoats as a bit of a test ground for new triads. That's working on the basis that whilst there might have been an intent towards a standard colour, Napoleonic logistic systems may have found it difficult to deliver.

      Delete