Saturday 3 September 2011

Business plans.

My post about market research drew no response! But I'm not going to let that stop me. I am genuinely interested in the business planning side of running a miniatures company. I recall a few years back when at the height of their fame, Foundry sent out quite a long piece of text on the model they were following. There were no stunning surprises in it but it did provide some of the numbers. If anybody has a copy or a link to it then it would be interesting to read it again particularly in the light of the subsequent history of the Company.

I guess that it all comes down to knowing your market and then developing a quality product to fill it. In many respects the recent rush to plastic was a very obvious step given the success GW had had with a similar approach. The Perry sites talks about their trepidation about taking this route and reflects the concerns of every first mover in any market but presumably they had done their research in this respect. ACW as a theme is not exactly a high risk strategy but how much does it cost to design and bring to market a range of figures and where is the break even point?

If anyone has any thoughts or links on any of this I would be very interested to hear them. Presumably the first phone call every company makes these days is to Paul Hicks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment